Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family Update

For those of you who have not heard and who check this blog, Alan has developed a new blood clot in his left leg and is in the hospital. Over the weekend he was experiencing some pain in that leg and so on Sunday we made a trip to emergency. I am so glad that we did. Alan was scheduled to fly to Philadelphia on Tuesday morning for his annual NSCAA Soccer Convention. Had we not checked out his leg, I hate to imagine what might have happened. After having an ultrasound, it was determined that the clot was high in his leg and he needed to be admitted so that he could be observed and receive the treatment he needed. At the same time, his blood sugar count was very high, so they are treating that as well. I am learning how fragile our bodies are and how so many things can be affected when there is a problem.

Alan is resting comfortably with no pain. He will begin getting up and walking a little today, which I am sure he is looking forward to. We do not know yet when he may be released to go home.

We thank all of you for your concern and prayers in his behalf.

1 comment:

The Janes said...

We love you grandpa/dad and are praying for you. We are praying for you too grandma/mom.