
Tama 9/30/1997 - 5/9/2010
Tama died in his sleep last night. I know it was on Sunday because I sat with him until near midnight. I just couldn't stay awake. I will miss him terribly.I can remember when Amy, Chris and I drove to San Pedro to look at some puppies. Tama seemed to be the one that would be the best for our family. We took that small fluffy ball of fur home to Reno, who immediately became his mama and later his Alfa. Tama quickly learned that ladies ate first. He would patiently wait until Reno had her fill. She also would not take any guff from him. If he got out of line she would put him down. He would roll over and wine until she was finished disciplining him.
Tama was never an aggressive dog. Actually, if truth be known, he was a "wimp", but a lovable one. Doggy treats were his favorite meal. He loved popcorn, even though he didn't get it very often. He loved to be inside with the family. Up until a few days before he died, that remained his favorite place to be. He was good with the kids. When he got tired of their attention he would hide behind the couch, under the table or some distant corner.
div>
I will miss him greatly. I am sure I will occasionally hear his scratching on the back door. I can't say that I will miss his bark, because he rarely barked.
Our family thanks you for 12 and a half years of unconditional love. Tama, you were the best!!!
2 comments:
Beautifully written for a very sweet dog. I am sorry for your loss.
Dear Tama,
Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for the kindness you showed Kayla when she was little. The way you let her play in your igloo and especially the way you would just sit instead of bark when you approached her mighty happy and she let out a loud scream. I will miss you, Kayla will miss you and mom will especially miss you. You weren't just a family dog, you became one of her kids :)
Post a Comment