Today I got to care for Katie and Cody while Lisa went with Kelly on a field trip to Park City where they went to the Olympic Park. We started our day playing with play dough, putting together a puzzle and coloring pictures. Then we spent some time outside playing on the swing set, well, they got to swing, I got to push.
For lunch we had chicken nuggets and grapes. I actually had some and they are not bad, especially when you add a little ketchup.
After lunch we, well, Katie and Cody played on the Wii. Katie does pretty good with the games, but Cody needs to practice his ski jumping. He just kept turning into a snowball. I guess it takes a bit more practice.
Once Lisa got home, they got a Creamie for a treat and as you can see by the picture, they needed to wear the aprons. Lisa taught me how to make peach pie filling from her fresh peaches. I even got to take 3 containers full, enough for 3 pies. I can hardly wait to make them into pies.
We picked up Kelly from school and a little later we went to a pizza place for dinner. They had the best bread sticks that are served twisted on a wood stick. The pizza was very good, too.
This is what is best about being a grandparent. Getting to enjoy these precious blessings and leaving the hard parts to their parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment